June 12, 2010

Huff Lane School Will Close

It is with great sadness that I type this post. This past Thursday, the Roanoke City School Board voted to close Huff Lane School. This is not only where Ginny has worked for almost 15 years, this is the place where lives have been changed and altered for eternity. As I went over to the school yesterday, I walked into the doors and saw boxes already being filled, taped shut, and placed in the gym. Having our Sunday service is probably going to be difficult to do with the all the things already in the way. But we will have it and continue to be faithful as God makes His will more clear to us. It is a trying and confusing time. I love the Lord and want His church, the church He has called me to plant, to continue, but right now there is a lot of uncertainity. I have been told by Ginny, that the principal at Huff Lane will let us meet at Round Hill next year, so God can still change lives there. It is just not the same and it is very tough right now. These are the times that try men's souls, I believe was a quote from George Washington but my soul is not being tried, but my spirit is. May God get the glory as always and may we see the picture clearer soon.

No comments: