October 27, 2014

God Continues to work at Life Pointe!

My what a busy weekend we just had at Life Pointe Church! On Saturday several of us traveled to Lynchburg, or more specifically, Liberty University, to watch the Flames take on the Bulldogs of Gardner-Webb. LU was triumphant in a 38 to 0 win, so it was a great day for the Flames and some of us who enjoy lunch at Sheetz and then a beautiful day at Williams Stadium.  Then yesterday at church we continued with our Before Amen Series, emphasizing the important and simplicity of prayer, watching a short video with Max Lucado and enjoy a message and communion. Then at 1:30 we had a special baptism service with James Sledd; Virginia Almond; Kylee Overstreet; and Lucas Sorrel. It was a great time watching these guys share outwardly what has taken place in their hearts, that is a decision to accept and follow Jesus Christ. And then last night a movie classic with Don Knotts, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, so it was a busy but very blessed weekend.  And now by the way, I do realize I have not posted since July, so I don't know where the time goes! Today is October 27th and it is almost November so that means I have waited for over 3 months to post! I just thought for sure I had posted since then. We had our church dedication with Jonathan Falwell dropping by to offer a prayer and short message of encouragement with us and that was super! And the reminder of just how far God has brought by us showing the pictures of our past, the construction of the building, and just what God has done for us was just amazing and very touching. I am indeed grateful for what God has done for  us and continues to do for us. Right now we are doing a series on "Before Amen" based on the book and video series by Max Lucado, so again, we stay busy but I never want to fail to say THANK YOU to God for all of what He has done. We use to pray for so much and God has answered many of those prayers and provided for our needs, so I want to always be grateful, thankful. and appreciative of what He has done. Yesterday with the baptisms, I was reminded again of how God has changed lives and hearts, and helped people make a decision to follow Jesus more closely. I am indeed blessed and very thankful God called me to plant and pastor His church, Life Pointe.

No comments: