July 15, 2010

Gradual Peace

Well, here it is July 15th and I realize once again it's been quite a while since I have posted anything, yet God continues to work and bless my heart. Tomorrow is our Life Pointe Church's monthly movie so we continue to be faithful and do the things God has called us to do. Yesterday I went up to Round Hill Elementary School and this was only the second time yet a much different experience than my first time. The first time I went up, I was almost scared to go in the building after hearing from my wife how bad the place was. I am afraid everything she said was true. Or at least it sure seemed that way. The place looked trashy, dirty, and just left me feeling a little disappointed if not defeated about what the future held. But then came yesterday. And this was after I had spent a week at Camp Ta-pa-win-go experiencing God working on young hearts there. Perhaps it was an extended blessing from there, but nevertheless, as I went in to the school yesterday, I had a different expectancy. As I walked in, I felt "this could work!" and so as I walked down the hallway, which looked "warmer" this time instead of so dirty as I previously thought it was, I felt God impressing upon my heart that He could do a work there. And then as I walked through the cafeteria, I actually felt that God would bless our efforts there. I started blinking back tears as I felt that God could indeed make this a place of "hope" and "encouragement" to all those who would come visit us. It just seemed so different this time. God had obviously given me a new spirit about being at Round Hill and so for that I am grateful. Does that mean it is always going to be easy?? Probably not but at least for now, I am much better than I use to be. I walked around the school and prayed a lot and just ask God to place His Hand on our ministry. I just was burdened and blessed all at the same time so I am so thankful for that. I kept thinking: I used to be sort of aggravated; now I am alright; I use to dread going to Round Hill; now I am sort of looking forward to it. Only God could change my attitude that much. So while we are still in transition going from Huff Lane to Round Hill I feel better and know that God is with us. Praise the Lord for that. Oh, and one other thing. I stopped by the church beside the school hoping to see the pastor. It turns out he about came out the door as I drove up. He was positive and upbeat and glad to have us close by. He was an encouragement to me and seemed very willing to help. Again God is opening doors and I believe we can accomplish many things if we just stay faithful and keep going. It's tough but God has renewed my vision and I know He's with us. We can do it. May we be found faithful. Amen.

No comments: