July 11, 2013

Wow, here it is again and I just don't post enough to keep up with the blessings God gives me and all of us at Life Pointe Church! For example about 2 or 3 weeks ago, Brian sent me something on Facebook on a Saturday morning to tell me some chairs had been posted on Craig's List. They looked like good chairs and probably sold for around $50 but the church, (turned out it was Calvary Chapel, over on Shenandoah Avenue) wanted to sell them for $15! So I emailed and then the man called me back and then Ginny and I went to check them out that Saturday evening at 6:00.  Turns out the chairs do look good and we decided to buy them, all 100 of them, for $1,500! That may sound like a lot but they are good chairs and we will no doubt have enough chairs for awhile.  Meanwhile Andy and I went down to Camp Ta-pa-win-go last week, enjoying a very busy week with me speaking 9 times and Andy doing all the media stuff for me.  It was good, although this year it rained almost constantly while we were there.  God saw about 8 or 10 Junior Highers come to Jesus though, so the trip was worth it.  We took Paige Sledd, Brian's daughter; Tamara; and Taya; both sisters to Daniel.  We continue to bring some young people to camp, so that's good!  And then when I got back we had to go pick up the chairs since the man at Calvary emailed and asked me if we were for sure going to get them. To prove our earnestness, Ben and I went and picked up 50 of them and gave Calvary Church a check for the $1,500.  We now just have to go get the other half of them.  And then about the purchase price of the building.  Since the SBCV, after making us wait about a month or so, finally said "No" to giving us a loan, we had to basically start all over again seeking to find what God wanted us to do in order to get the building.  We had already used the building at Motor Madness night and it just seemed to fit us so well, that we can't wait to get into it, but it still seems to be taking time to do just that!  After the SBCV told us no, we began to wonder what to do in order to get the loan.  Then Gary and I talked some and he wanted to meet with me, and this time is was Gary and his wife and Ginny and me.  After talking about perhaps using a lease to buy method I thought, that may work but then later thought "why did I think that, $2,000 a month is way too much for us to pay." Gary wanted us to pay $2,000 a month with $1,500 going to him as payment and $500 going towards the principle of the amount of the building's worth.  And I needed to pay $25,000 down too.  After considering this, I just knew God didn't want me to do this but instead had a band out there that would loan us the money.  The next day or so, I remembered Angel had mentioned something about Atlantic Bay Mortgage, so I pulled in there after Driver's Ed. one day and simply told them who I was, and that Angel suggested asking them about a loan perhaps.  Turn out, the person said "We know Angel and yes, he's a nice man; but we don't do mortgages for commercial properties.  So....I asked the man who had come in to the office, where he would go for a loan.  He said "go see Debby at Hometown Bank." I thought "I want to get something settled so I might as well go right now." So I went, and after entering the Hometown Mortgage place, the "Debby" that I wanted to see, sent me to another "Debby" at the Hometown Bank across the lot.  NOW GOD entered the picture; or at least entered the picture even more than He already had. The woman had time to speak to me; welcomed me into her office; and as it turns out, has kin people in Giles County; had a son go to William Fleming; her son was in the band; and her son wrestled, so that was about 5 or 6 things in common right off the bat....Then it turned out the devil had been "after her" as Debby put it and she just seemed to need some encouragement and spiritual guidance.  And as it turns out, I was the second pastor to come see Debby that day.  We ended up talking from about 4:00 until almost 6:00 pm and then we prayed before we closed our time talking.  We both shared stories, cried tears, and prayed for God's leading and blessing.  This had to be a divine appointment by God Himself. I was just so honored to be used be the Lord and to give Debby, who I forgot to mention has not been to church for awhile but knows she needs to get back into church, and also, just happens to live on Huntington which is right across from the road the church is on...isn't God amazing!@! So with that in mind I went to see Debby again today and she had even tried to call me so the meeting was again a thing of God.  And if we can just work a few more things out, we may just finally be in our building.  I now had to call Gary who had sent me a contract but one that I just didn't feel peace about accepting.  I called him tonight and had a good talk and now will have the building appraised and hopefully get the building a little cheaper than what Gary had put into the lease agreement for the building.  God is in control, I know that, and so hopefully in the nest few days, we will finally have our contract and a  start towards fixing up our building which will be our new home for Life Pointe Church! btw, as a confirmation that God is with us, we planned a special offering for the last Sunday in June, and after being locked out at the front gate, ended up having people walk up to the building, had 4 visitors; and took up $7,272 for the Sunday special offering! That is AMAZING and just put tears in my eyes as to how God provides for us just when we need it!  I await God to do even more........btw, along with the offering that had already come in for June, $2,500, we had almost $9,800 come in for the month! God provides that's for sure! Until next time....humbly in His service I stand...

No comments: