February 11, 2010

God Is Working!

I feel sort of like the servant girl who went to the door to see who it was and it turned out to be the person they were praying for. The story in Acts concerns some believers who were praying for Peter's escape from prison, yet when the servant girl went to answer the door, she was amazed at who was standing there......Peter! In essence, she was amazed at God working and answering prayers their prayers! I have been praying lately, especially lately that God would work and bring some folks in for our first Sunday service and there was one person in particular that I wanted to invite but all I knew about her is that she worked at Chick-fil-A. So I went in the other day ask about her and the manager didn't know who I was talking about. But tonight my family and I decided to go to Chick-fil-A to eat and I was thinking, "Lord, it would be nice to see that lady so I could invite her to church." So I walked in and who but should be standing right behind the counter, getting ready to leave, yet working at a time that she later told me that she normally wouldn't have been working....? The lady I needed to invite to Church this Sunday! Isn't God amazing and wonderful!! And before we left she told me she had told someone else and they were coming with her. And then my wife Ginny said that another person behind the counter was asking when our services would be on Sunday!! So we ended up inviting several to church and encouraging several others before we left! It seemed we knew about everybody in Chick-fil-A tonight! God is so good, and I am starting to get more excited and encouraged about our first Sunday service, this Sunday!

No comments: