Wow, once again I can't believe I have waited so long to blog some of the important things happening for Life Pointe Church! It seems every day or every week at least is both a challenge and a blessing. Consider the following items:
1. In May the Roanoke City School Board voted to close Huff Lane School.
2. The gym began to be filled with boxes limiting us to half the space.
3. The gym then began to be totally filled with boxes thus causing us to move to the library.
4. Jeff Ginn came to visit us on August 8th and speak to about 27 folks who were with us that day.
5. We had lunch after the service with Jeff Ginn and provided a 6 foot tasty sub for over 20 people! The fellowship was good and the day went very well!
6. With one week finding the LCD projector gone and then the next week finding the laptops gone, it seems every week something new was coming our way.
7. This past week for example, the furniture started leaving the library with the chairs being the first to go. So this week we may not even have a place to sit! I told you it was exciting!
But with all these "trying" times coming our way, the past Friday, on August 20th, I had a day that was just awesome and God directed! I met with a former student of mine during my RVCS days and we ended up being at McDonald's from 8:30 am until 2:05 pm!! It was great! Brian, the former student I was meeting with, later told me via the facebook route, that he felt like God was sitting at the table with us! I tend to agree! And then I prayed with someone when I was leaving and even was able to invite a couple to Movie night, and THEY CAME! So God was good and I had a great day!
So even now with all the driver's ed. stuff going on, it's good and I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us. Sometimes, I wish I didn't even have to go back to the school routine because I want to do so much through Life Pointe Church, but then again, God has things in place, so I will stay where I am in some ways, but look to soar in new ways with Him! Well it's time to get ready for tomorrow's message, so I'll close, anticipating yet another good day, week, and life, as I live for the One who gave His all for me!