September 24, 2013

Here I am again, giving praise to the Lord and just being amazed at how God works things out for the prayerfully close, moving in, of our new church building on 4624 Williamson Road. I just couldn't bring myself to signing the contract without first running it past my Life Pointe Leadership Team. So I did and then with their input and what I felt in my heart to go along with it, I wanted to seek some folks to give the building a good looking over and tell me what they thought. While I didn't think they would find anything wrong and was hoping they wouldn't find anything wrong, I still had to have them look. And so I called Steve Love, our missionary friend soon going to Zimbabwe and asked him to come by and check out the finance and air-conditioning. He called me back after I had left a message and said he was working in the area, but I didn't realize how close it was until he showed up the next morning. And then on Monday morning the Lord brought another friend to mind, John Fralin, who I feel has great experience with building since either he owns many of them, has had a hand in building them, or knows a lot about them.  So I thought of him and actually looked up his number; then I couldn't find it; then I called a number in the book of John Fralin but it turned out to be his cousin thus was a wrong number. Then I remember Kate and Joey had previously rented from him. So I called Kate, then Joey, and finally Kate again and she gave me his number. While all that may have taken a few minutes, I then saw God's perfect timing in His prompting me to call John. As I called and as his phone was ringing, and as he answered it, I told him I would appreciate it if he could go by and look at a building for me that I was hoping would be our new church.  When I told him the address, John said, "I'm driving by it right now...I'll pull in the parking lot and be waiting on you." How is that for God's timing? And then while John and I were looking over the building, I was thinking "I told Steve Love I would be waiting at the house for his call, so I wonder how I can get him word and tell him where I am?" And so then, God answered that prayer too, in that Steve pulled in while John and I were on the roof of the building.  God is just so good sometimes to give us what we need and what He wants us to have.  Both men looked through the building and while most things looked good, I am praying that the bathroom doors past the building inspection since they may have to be a little wider for handicap accessibility. I barely made it to school on time but it was a great morning! And then that afternoon I went downtown to see if I could speak to a building inspector. At first I couldn't but then one came in that talked with me and when I said, "I'm a man of prayer especially since I am a church planter and driver's ed. teacher!" he said, my daughter is going to have to take that soon. When I asked him where his daughter went to school, he replied "Salem High School" so how cool is that that his daughter will probably be one of my students next semester. God again just amazes me.....so then today I finally spoke with an architect who I am going to meet with on Friday, September 27, at 8:00 am to see how many changes we may have to do with the building. This too is a blessing in that I spoke with a teacher from Salem, Sarah Gerroll, who happens to be going to a church plant in Salem whose pastor is Scott Hamilton. So when I told her what I was going to do, she was very helpful and when I told her I need an architect, she said Mr. Gerroll, her father in law, knew someone who was a strong believer who was an architect, so I then asked Bill Gerroll to call her and he did and she emailed me today and I called her right back. So, again, I just can't believe how God puts people in our lives to bring about His will. God is so good!

No comments: