October 18, 2010

Good Service for October 17, 2010

Glancing at my last post, I see it has been since September 8th, since I have last written something yet I know God continues to work both personally in my life and at Life Pointe Church. Yesterday for example, I felt we had some good responses to the message and had the opportunity to share with others so God blessed our time. One thing that touched my heart was my sister telling me after the service, and often through tears at that, that she and the family are going on a little trip this coming weekend and taking a little girl that my sister knows is not saved and really wants nothing to do with God. But my message was on Esther and the key verse was 4:14 from that book which reminds us, "for such a time as this" and that touched Melanie to see the connection that for this coming weekend, she has the opportunity to be Esther and possibly share Jesus with that little girl, thus just like in the story of Esther, people are saved and lives are changed. Wow, that really blessed my heart as my sister Melanie was telling me that. That just shows God is giving her a sensitive spirit towards others, especially those that don't know Jesus. And we had a couple of visitors that came in at the last, nevertheless enjoyed some pizza with us and one of them even enjoyed working a puzzle about Daniel in the Lion's Den and I thought that was great. And of course I am thankful for the family God has blessed me with, who without them, I couldn't do the work of Life Pointe Church. I am both humbled and grateful. This is a new month, and with the Block Party, possibly changing locations for the church, and some other things we are working on, it looks busy, but afterall, Jesus said, "I must be about my Father's business" so I am happy to be doing the work of God.

No comments: