May 15, 2008

More Building News!

Praise the Lord, oh my soul! And all that is within me, praise His Holy Name! God is so good; God is so good; God is so good, He's so good to me! I'm astounded, I'm astonished and amazed.......I am speechless! I thought I would start off this post with some singing since God has indeed blessed me today in a very special way! This morning I decided to go (again after God seemed to place it on my heart) and speak with the person who is in charge of renting school buildings and allowing groups to use a school for a certain reason. I think it's even neat that on the application and information page they refer to it as a school plant. Since we say the words "church plant", it sounds like we are on the same page even before we start. Anyway, as I got ready to leave my car before I went into the office of the person that I needed to talk to, I again prayed and said "Lord, be with me and bless me today as I meet with this person; I know I haven't bathed this matter in prayer as much as I would like to, but since I just found out who I needed to talk to on Tuesday, I want to follow it up and find out what I need to do to further nail down the details of acquiring the school that I believe You want us to use for our church. Be with me as I meet with this person." God could not have answered my prayer and blessed me and the meeting anymore that He did! After hunting for the office a few mintues and actually seeing a couple of people I knew, I finally made my way downstairs to the office of the person I needed to talk to. As I walked into the office, I noticed a Bible sitting on the corner of the person's desk. As I begin to tell my story there was an instant connection and I found myself both listening and telling about families, needs, faith, and living for Jesus. By the time I left, we had both been blessed by the Lord, shed some tears of joy, and even prayed together! How could God have blessed our meeting any more than He did?! I was greatly encouraged and am looking forward to how God will further open doors to hearts as well as buildings to help us acquire just what we need so we can point lives to Him and see folks saved and changed. I felt like I had been to a prayer meeting when I left the person's office. God gave us a spirit of not only cooperation and fellowship but a reminder of the spirit that comes only from Him, the Holy Spirit, which just seemed to prevail as we met. Isn't God amazing? Instead of a meeting, two believers enjoyed fellowship! Hallelujah!

No comments: