May 12, 2008

New Day, New Week, New Opportunities!

I dropped Andy off at the airport early this morning at about 5:07 am so he could catch his flight to Cleveland, Ohio. He is going to a Christian Leadership-Pastor's Conference at Parkside Church where Alistair Begg is the pastor. Andy loves to hear Alistair speak and has many of his sermons recorded, and Alistair's words have influenced Andy very positively to study more and dig deeper in the scriptures, so as a Dad I am thrilled Andy gets to go hear him in person! God has provided Andy a host family to stay with and with transportation to and from the conference so it's an exciting time to watch God work even before the conference begins! Pray that Andy is blessed richly while in Ohio and attending all the seminars and hearing the different speakers, and pray that Andy will be a blessing to all those he comes in contact with too. As I watched Andy go through the line this morning and then through the restricted area where I could no longer go with him, I was sort of sad as I waved goodbye and then found myself looking forward to seeing him again. I was then reminded of another Son that is coming back and how we need to have a sense of urgency about us to tell everyone about Him before He does. And just as I look forward to seeing Andy when he returns, we all need to be looking forward to seeing Jesus when He returns to catch us up to Himself. As we wait, may we that know and love Jesus be actively telling and sharing with others about the love that Jesus has so richly given and shared with us.

No comments: