July 27, 2008

Stepping Out In Faith

I have been reminded so much lately of how we all should just step out in faith and make the most of the gifts we have to honor the Lord and brings others to Him, especially with the time being so short that we have. God spoke to my heart months ago about stepping out in faith and starting a church. I am so glad I listened and am currently in the process of starting that church for Him. It's so good to "be about the Father's business" just as Jesus said He must do. When I hear messages about forgetting about ourselves and when I hear songs like the ones Steven Curtis sings that remind me "it's time for letting go, of all of our "if onlys", cause we don't have a time machine" it just makes me feel so good and blessed to know that in the past year or so, that I and my family have done just this and are looking forward to all the new and wonderful things God has in store for us in the future. That's not to say it isn't scary some days and not to say that it is always easy, but I want to be a pioneer, blazing trials, not a settler building forts. It is time to "let go and let God" and to attempt to do things only He can accomplish. It's exciting to know that God is with us, no matter how many are with us on earth just yet, at least the One who has called us is with us, and that's all that really matters.

No comments: