May 22, 2014


Well, I got a call this morning around 9:10 or so and it was Gene Lucas from Lucas Paving telling me "we're going to try and get that done today for you" referring to the asphalt job that will make the rear door entrance at our new church building the required handicap accessible. The present concrete pad that is 3ft by 4ft will increase to 5ft by 5 ft with a ramp coming down towards the side of the building and the front sloped down so if a car even came close it would simple ride up the slope and then easily back down on the other side. This is a huge deal in the process of getting into the building and I praise the Lord for an old friend from Giles County being willing to do the paving for me and keep an otherwise complicated job very simple. With this getting done today and me hunting us down a handicap sign and doing a little painting on the parking space, we will have the outside just about ready to go. And the baseboards and flooring I ordered on Monday of this week is suppose to arrive tomorrow, so I pray it does and we are closing in on what is a dream come true or a "vision" come true that God gave me and all of us so long ago. It's been over a year since Ginny and I stopped to look at the building on 4624 Williamson Road; and now it's about to become our new church home!

No comments: