As I begin this new week, I cannot help but think again and thank God again at how richly He blessed us so much last week with so many answers to prayers. Some we didn't even have the chance to ask, He just took care of it before we could even think of it. And some of them are small details while others are big ones, but still God is moving and proving Himself to be in this adventure that He has called us to be a part of. To name just a few of the things He took care of last week, consider the following:
1. Andy designed a web page for the church on Sunday to go along with the blog page Ashley had already set up for us. The site looks great and I think will really tell folks about us in a good way!
2. We put our freshly designed website up and then on this past Friday even signed up to have our own personal domain name which is: http://www.lifepointeroanoke.com/
3. Andy also put me on FaceBook so to help spread the word about the church and what our future as well as current plans are.
4. A church stamp was designed and ordered so we could put our name on the tracts, booklets, etc. that we hand out to anyone.
5. Flyers, bulletins, and tickets were designed and then printed up for our very first event which is this Saturday, June 21st, 2008! We are going to have a Car Show/Car Wash from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and then show a movie at 7:00 p.m. It will be a busy day!
6. Folks are volunteering to bring their cars for the car show.
7. Andy designed a banner and I took the idea to the Fast Signs and we now await the banner being finished so we can hang it out at the school so folks will see what we are doing. Should be a great advertisement for us and hopefully will get the word out to our community and neighbors!
8. Final confirmation and approval was gained to use the site we have selected, Huff-Lane MicroVillage Elementary School.
9. Ginny, Ashley, and Andy continue to be a big blessing to me and a great help in getting all the work accomplished that needs to be done.
10. I was interviewed by the Pocket Testament League and I was able to share some of the ways I have used the great little books they make available. The booklets contain the Gospel in the front and the book of John following these pages. With the colorful covers, these books are great to witness with and I encourage everyone to try and get some and use them. In case you need the web addreses here it is: www.pocketpower.org
11. Finally God is a Great God and continues to show Himself Mighty!